HOST A PLAYER
HOST A PLAYER
2023 HOST FAMILIES NEEDED
The Seals Baseball Club is currently looking for community help in housing players for our Summer Collegiate Team. We rely on community support to sustain our summer operations. Host families are an important piece in connecting our players with the local community. This season we will be bringing in several top talents from NCAA, NAIA, and JC baseball conferences throughout the United States. The Seals will be a first year league member of the prestige summer collegiate wood bat league the Great West League. We will host 12-15 home games at Islanders Field in Lathrop, with several top collegiate teams coming to the city of Lathrop. Being a Host Family for a player at this level can be a very rewarding experience. It is a great opportunity for you and your family to build an everlasting relationship over a span of 8 weeks in the summer. Players have maintained lasting relationships with host families. Some players have invited host families to their first pro game and weddings. It a great opportunity to take in these student-athletes and give them a home away from home during the summer.
Who are the Seals Players?
- Players that come to the Seals are role model student athletes.
- Players are assigned to the Seals by their college coach. We do not take just anyone. Each player is also required to carry a full load of school credits during the school year and they must achieve an acceptable grade point average to remain eligible to play.
- Players understand they represent their University, their home town, and their college baseball team. They sign a Code of Conduct Contract when playing with the Seals.
What we need from host family:
- A room for a player
- host family does not need to provide transportation
- Earliest Arrival 6/1/23 – Departing 8/6/23
- Seals players will be out of the area 3 weeks traveling to Boise, Alaska, and Norcal/Socal trips
- If at all possible, taking in 2 players would help greatly.
What we provide to a host family:
- Season tickets for home games played at the beautiful Islanders Field
- Special recognition at end of the season. (Dinner/ BBQ)
- Bat boy if family has a Little Leaguer
- FREE Summer Baseball Camps
We Thank You for your consideration!
Abel Alcantar, General Manager/ Owner
If you are interested in becoming a host family fill out form:
© 2023 Seals Baseball| All Rights Reserved